Saturday, February 5, 2011

School's back for another year...

This time of year is always a little up & down for me, I know it is time for my boys to head back to school, and they are well and truly ready, but I have a a heavy heart on that first day of school as I say goodbye.  I know it means a lot more time to work, and get on with things that need doing without the interruptions of "Mum my drink bottle needs a re-fill", "Mum, I am hungry...AGAIN!" or "Mum, can you tell me when the first Chinese coin was invented?", but it also means another year older, another year close to independence. 

Already Mr 5 is telling me after just 3 days of school to leave him in the car park, he is quite capable of walking himself to the classroom, and he will see me at 3.10pm, he might be ready for that, but I certainly am not! I do feel blessed that he has settled so well, as Mr 7 has taken a lot longer to settle into school, but I can't help feeling a little redundant!  

So I wonder how all the other Mum's out there feel when school goes back?  And I wonder as the years go on if it gets a little easier?



No comments: