Thursday, January 27, 2011

Artisan : noun
a worker in a skilled trade, esp. one that involves making things by hand.

Well I think that is the category I fall into, I like to dabble in everything from painting, to sewing, to knitting & sculpting, through to reborning, oh and the list goes on. It isn't unusual for my very patient hubby to listen to be rabbiting, very animatedly, about my next hair-brain idea, or how I have to get moving on something that I have in my mind.... And maybe my work isn't to everyone's taste, but it is what keeps me sane....
Considering this blog is supposed to be an artistic blog of sorts, I thought I better get moving on the artistic stuff!   Oh, and one more thing...I started off painting at an early age, but my first business www.masquerademayhem.com.au is what really started the ball rolling.  I have grown, I have slept less, I have stressed, and I have enjoyed, and it continues, but that, is a blog for another day. So here you have a snippet of Deanne's Homespun Treasures....

Painting & drawing is where I started.........

......my masks have taken me on an amazing journey, and continue to do so.....

.....but now I do other stuff....Like these giraffe heads that I made for one of my boys school concerts....

....not to mention knitting......

.....and who could forget these gorgeous, but very time consuming, reborn babies.....

......thongs & headbands?

........And these, my new favourites!  Soft dollies x


Ok, that's me...I'm done.  All in the day of an artisan...Night, night xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just beautiful Deanne, your work is stunning.xxx