Wednesday, January 26, 2011

 HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

 I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me! 

Well it couldn't be more true this Australia day, with so many of our fellow Aussies facing some of the most terrifying times of their lives.  Ravaged by floods & bush fires, the devastation was felt in so many parts of the country.  Whilst most of us looked on in dis-belief, horror & with tears in our eyes, one thing is for sure, we now stand united.  Something that makes me proud to be an Australian this Australia day.  We rally, we help, we lend a hand, and we even become a human crutch for those that need us.  I know we have some issues, but from a woman that has spent time living abroad, I am very happy & PROUD to call Australia home!  Happy Australia Day

No comments: