Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life....




What do you think about that?  Since having my children I have been lucky enough to able to work from home, crafting, or as my husband calls it, being a "crafteneur"....but most days I set myself some pretty high expectations.  These are not to impress others, but what I expect from myself.  Since having my boys I feel that if I don't have a full order book, a happy family, and a kept house, that I am failing...MYSELF, that I am somehow lazy or idle.  I switched having a boss, to being my own biggest critic, and boy some days I wish I could haul myself into the office and tell myself to relax, put my feet up and take an extra long lunch break.  I am sure that there are many women out there just like me, running busy houses, childrens ever expanding schedules and successful businesses, and it brings me back to the initial question....Is it a sign of a misspent life or just wanting it all?  We have been given the right to have it all, so why not run with it....right?  Or maybe I am just heading for frazzled at 50 x


No comments: